Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Confession #9 - Ten things that bother the he** out of me.

I like to think I'm a very open-minded and accepting person, and so I don't usually let the cat out of the bag on this subject (by the way, why was the cat ever in the bag- that's mean), but I just feel like I have to talk about this on a confessions blog. So, basically what I'm saying is don't judge me, because I know you all have lists of your own just like this one. I'm sure there are more than ten things that bother me, or fit under what I would describe as "pet peeves" or whatever, but these are the ten cardinal sins in my book that if you commit them, it's really hard for me to forget about it. We can still be friends, but just know I might be secretly annoyed by you- just for a moment.

10. When you keep something from me, because you think it will make me upset or something, and I have to find it out from someone else. Like, seriously everyone knows EXCEPT me.

9. When you chew with your mouth open more than 70% of the time, and it makes little smacking noises that could easily be turned into the back beat of a horrible rap song from my nightmares.

8. When you are constantly a "debbie downer," and never want to do anything ever, and everything is always so bad for you, and your facebook statuses are always about how horrible your mediocre middle-class life is, and blah, blah, blah....

7. When you are a sexist chauvinist pig and tell me that my place is in the kitchen, or doing laundry, or something to that effect. Oh, and sexist jokes? I don't think they're funny. I might give you a pity laugh, because I feel sorry for the woman who ever gets stuck with you, but that's about it. Sorry if that seems harsh, but that's how strongly I feel about it.

6. PEOPLE WHO CUT YOU OFF AND CONTINUOUSLY INTERRUPT ANYTHING YOU TRY AND SAY. Okay, this one is in all capital letters, because it is just THAT annoying. Like, seriously can you not pay attention to what I'm saying for like more than one minute? Did you have to interject with that story that means absolutely nothing, and doesn't even follow the same subject we were just discussing? Hmm.

5. When you are a guy, and you stare at me, sneak glances at me, or make up excuses to talk to me, but don't ask me for my number. Now, I know that sounds so weird, and that it's kind of annoying of me even to think this is annoying, but it really bothers me when a guy isn't confident enough to take the next step. Maybe I should just bring a Polaroid camera around with me and take a picture of myself right at that moment, shake it until it develops, and then hand it to mister staring problem and tell him "don't worry, I took a picture. It'll last longer."

4. When you talk bad about one of my other really good friends, and expect me to agree with you or talk bad about them with you. I am not even okay with that stuff. I am a very loyal friend, and I stand up for them. If you're going talk bad about them, you better be ready for some trouble and stern words from me, because I'm not going to stand for it.

3. When you lie. When you lie to my face. When I confront you about said lie, and you still continue to lie about it. When I find out from someone else that you're lying. When I'm friends with you for 7 years, and the whole time you've been lying to me about who you are. YES. This IS personal. If you lied to me, I will forgive you really easily and quickly if you just tell me the truth right when I confront you. I promise, I won't bite.

2. When you have a problem with me, but you don't tell me. Like- you'll tell Joe Schmoe on the street, but you won't tell me. I am willing to change, and I am willing to fix it. For example: There is a girl here on campus, and I don't even remember her name half the time. I don't think she even knows mine, but I hear from people that I just meet that they have heard bad things about me from said girl. That's when I remember her name, but only then. I'm not sure what I did to offend her, but she still hasn't told me. She tells everyone else. Please, I am begging you here and now, if you have a problem- TELL ME.

1. Last but DEFINITELY not least, I hate when you lead me on, and then make it seem like it was me the whole time. Like, you weren't ever into it, and I'm like some sad puppy that just followed you around holding your hand for months on end. I hate that. Seriously, you were into it too, and I KNOW you liked me too or else you wouldn't have wasted your time. I just really don't like feeling played and embarrassed. That's my biggest pet peeve I think. Feeling that way. I guess that's mostly towards guys, and the guys in my past. But hey, ladies I bet you can relate. :)

Okay, thanks for listening to me whine, and accepting me for who I am. I'm sure there are many more things I can add to this list, but these are the most general and most important in my opinion for you to know. I know this post wasn't very funny, or full of stories, but I promise the next one will be hilarious. You just wait. Anyway, I've gotta get back to this thing we call life.


Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. i love your #1 and #3. I really liked this pose i agree with most of your PP!
    I think your are a great writer too!
    OK LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete